Multipath TCP: Challenges & Opportunities
Organizing : IIJ Innovation Institute Inc.
Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Matthieu Coudron (IIJ Innovation Institute)
The criticity of the Internet keeps increasing with a very high number of services depending on its infrastructure. The Internet is expected to support services with an increasing tangible impact on the physical world such as the Internet of Things (IoT) or autonomous vehicles. It is thus important to address the current infrastructure shortcomings in terms of scalability, confidentiality and reliability. Multipath communications are one possible solution to address this challenge. The transition towards multipath technologies is not obvious, there are several challenges ahead. Some network devices block unknown protocols, thus preventing the emergence of new technologies, which plays a part in what is often referred to as the ossification of the Internet. Moreover, due to technical reasons, there are cases for which multipath technologies perform worse than their single path counterpart. This presentation intends to expose the situation and some techniques to mitigate these cases and limit their impact, so that multipath communications perform better than single path communications as often as possible. More specifically, we propose enhancements to Multipath TCP (MPTCP).
Date and Time
- 2018-2-13 (Tue) 18:00 (The registration desk opens at 17:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Opera2 room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before comming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor card key.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
- We will collect your visitor card key before you leave the meeting room. Please hand your key to the staff standing by the room exit.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.