Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Marc Bruyere (The University of Tokyo)
The Internet eXchange Points (IXP) are essential for the Internet evolution as they empower high bandwidth low latency and inexpensive local traffic peering as opposed to transit traffic. OpenFlow SDN enables network programmability to control network behavior via open interfaces, as opposed to the legacy closed-box solutions and proprietary-defined interfaces.
This presentation is about the migration of the TouIX from a traditional to a full OpenFlow IXP. A quick view of the architecture choices to eliminate broadcast traffic to reduce complexity are discussed and how switches have been selected and programmed with the TouSIX-Manager. The TouSIX-Manager have been developed internally to give direct monitoring and programmability to the members through web interfaces.
TouIX is a non-profit neutral Internet eXchange Point organization founded in 2005. It provides an interconnected network infrastructure at 4 PoPs around the city of Toulouse and the Paris FranceIX and LyonIX IXPs.
He designed and deployed the first European OpenFlow IXP fabric for the TouIX. He started his career in 1996 working for Club-Internet.fr follow by Cisco, Vivendi Universal, Credit Suisse First Boston, Airbus/Dimension Data, Force10 Networks, and Dell. He is a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Emeritus #16651. He has been involved in the NetFPGA project for a few years, and his thesis was about Open Source OpenFlow SDN for IXPs.
Date and Time
- 2017-2-6 (Mon) 18:00 (The registration desk opens at 17:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Cantata room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before comming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor card key.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
- We will collect your visitor card key before you leave the meeting room. Please hand your key to the staff standing by the room exit.