Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Jeremy Gibbons (Oxford University)
Rabinowitz and Wagon presented a spigot algorithm for computing the digits of π. A spigot algorithm yields its outputs incrementally, and does not reuse them after producing them. Rabinowitz and Wagon’s algorithm is inherently bounded; it requires a commitment in advance to the number of digits to be computed. We propose some streaming algorithms based on the same and some similar characterizations of π, with the same incremental properties, but without requiring the prior bound. They are nice examples of lazy functional programming, and instances of a more general scheme for streaming computation.
Date and Time
- 2017-3-27 (Mon) 19:00 (The registration desk opens at 18:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Opera2 room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before comming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor card key.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
- We will collect your visitor card key before you leave the meeting room. Please hand your key to the staff standing by the room exit.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.