Reaping the Benefits of IPv6 Segment Routing
主催 : IIJ Innovation Institute Inc.
Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
David Leburun (Université catholique de Louvain)
Segment Routing is a modern variant of source routing being standardised by the IETF. It enables routers and endhosts to better control the path followed by the packets in the network. Using SR as a foundation, we articulate two key aspects of its potential: the data plane and the control plane. Firstly, we show how the SR data plane enables operators to perform tasks and provide services that may be otherwise difficult to achieve with current techniques. Secondly, we show how to leverage the SDN paradigm with an SR IPv6 control plane and briefly describe a possible deployment.
David Lebrun is a PhD student in the IP Networking Lab at Université catholique de Louvain in Belgium, in his fourth and last year. His PhD thesis is focused on leveraging the IPv6 flavor of Segment Routing for value-added services and on implementing it into the Linux kernel.
Date and Time
- 2016-10-12 (Wed) 18:15 (The registration desk opens at 18:00)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Cantata room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before comming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor card key.
- The registration desk will be opening around 17:45.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
- We will collect your visitor card key before you leave the meeting room. Please hand your key to the staff standing by the room exit.