Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Malte Tashiro (IIJ Research Laboratory)
In this talk we will take a brief look on the historic growth of internet exchange points (IXPs) through the lens of PeeringDB data combined with dependencies inferred from traceroute data. We inspect the ups and downs of IXPs throughout the last ten years, before arriving in the present. Then, we take a closer look at the current state of some selected IXPs, investigating their reach, both in terms of direct participants and remote dependents. Finally, we will finish with a discussion of the current role of IXPs in the Internet infrastructure.
Date and Time
- 2023-06-20 (Tue) 18:00 (The registration desk opens at 17:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Cantata room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before coming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor ticket.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.