Traffic monitoring in software dataplane
A generic accuracy-aware adaptive solution
Organizing : 株式会社IIJイノベーションインスティテュート
Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Daphne Tuncer (Imperial College London)
Advances in the domain of software-based and programmable networks have opened up new opportunities towards effective management of network resources. When developing management architectures for these environments, the design of a monitoring system that can provide frequent, consistent and accurate updates to heterogeneous applications is essential. In this talk, I will present our recent contributions to the development of a novel framework enabling efficient monitoring in software dataplane. Our framework guarantees resilience to bottlenecks while preserving the accuracy of monitoring reports. Based on a prototype implementation using a generic packet-processing pipeline and typical traffic measurements tasks, we show that our solution achieves lossless and accurate traffic monitoring for a wide range of conditions at very short timescales while introducing only very limited overhead.
Daphne Tuncer is a Research Fellow in the Department of Computing at Imperial College London, UK. She was the recipient of an Imperial College Research Fellowship in 2018. She received a Ph.D. degree from University College London (UK) in 2013 and a Diplome d'ingenieur de Telecom SudParis (France) in 2009. Her research interests are in the areas of software-defined and programmable networks, adaptive network resource management and monitoring, as well as multimedia content distribution. She is currently co-leading a multi-disciplinary project investigating the deployment of scalable public charging network infrastructures forelectric vehicles in the Greater London area.
Date and Time
- 2020-02-18 (Tue) 18:00 (The registration desk opens at 17:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Cantata room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before coming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor ticket.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.