It is worth upgrading form BIND
Perf. comparison of authoritative DNS servers
Organizing : IIJイノベーションインスティテュート
Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Gábor Lencse (Széchenyi István University)
BIND is undoubtedly the most well-known and widely used authoritative DNS server implementation. However, it has much higher performance alternatives. This presentation is about the performance analysis of four authoritative DNS server implementations: BIND, NSD, Knot DNS, and YADIFA. The performance measurement method is taken from RFC 8219. Various performance factors are considered: the number of CPU cores, the size of the zone file, the timeout value and also the architecture of the CPU. Several different issues of BIND are pointed out. Both NSD and Knot DNS are shown to have about one order of magnitude higher performance than BIND or YADIFA.
Date and Time
- 2019-4-25 (Thu) 18:00 (The registration desk opens at 17:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Cantata room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before coming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor card key.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
- We will collect your visitor card key before you leave the meeting room. Please hand your key to the staff standing by the room exit.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.