SCONE: Secure Container Technology
& Secrets Management
Organizing : IIJ Innovation Institute Inc.
Language / 言語
This seminar will be held in English only. / 今回のセミナーは英語での進行となります。
Do Le Quoc (TU Dresden)
Nowadays, data analytics has become a critical component of modern online services, especially for data-driven online services. Typically, this component requires to process large-scale datasets which may contain private and sensitive information of online services’ customers. Moreover, it becomes even worse when these online services rely on cloud computing to store and process the sensitive data. In such setting, privacy and security become of paramount concern since the customers need to trust both service providers and cloud providers. Unfortunately, in the past, this trust has been violated. In this situation, an interesting question is how to perform data analytics in a secure and privacy-preserving manner? To answer this question, in this talk we will present and demonstrate our solution using SCONE - a shielded execution framework built on modern Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs). The main aim of SCONE is to protect the data analytics application and its secrets against strong attackers (attackers with root access) in a transparent manner, i.e., without changing the application’s source code. At the end of the talk, we will provide a live demo on how to secure PySpark - a widely used framework for data analytics in industry - using SCONE.
Date and Time
- 2019-2-26 (Tue) 18:00 (The registration desk opens at 17:45)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. 13F Opera2 room
- Iidabashi Grand-Bloom 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102－0071
Read before coming
- Registration is required to enter the office floor of the building. A registration desk for the seminar participants will be located on the second floor of the building. Please state your name to the staff and receive a visitor card key.
- The registration desk will be opening around 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- If you've arrived at the building after the registration desk has closed, please call the phone number printed on the signboard at the registration desk.
- We will collect your visitor card key before you leave the meeting room. Please hand your key to the staff standing by the room exit.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.